Allow Test Takers to Skip and Bookmark Questions
Sun 25th Sep 2022< Back to Blogs and TutorialsWith ClassMarker, you can allow Test takers to skip quiz questions and bookmark quiz questions to go back to later.
Not only can you skip and bookmark questions but ClassMarker is so flexible with how you can create online quizzes, you can also enable quiz takers to skip questions without letting them go back to previous questions. You can also restrict users from skipping quiz questions.
You have complete control over the online quiz making process. Allow or restrict the skipping and bookmarking of quiz questions. Your choice!
How to Allow Quiz Takers to Skip and Bookmark Quiz Questions:
Follow the steps below to allow Test takers to skip quiz questions
- Go to the Test 'settings' page.
- Scroll down to section Test Questions.
- Click on 'Answers' to expand options.
- Ensure there is no check for the box beside Mandatory: Must Answer Questions.
- Check the box beside Change Answers: Allow Test takers to go back during the Test. This will enable users to go back to previous Test pages to review/change answers and bookmark questions.
The setting to 'Change Answers' is optional. If you wish for users to skip questions but not go back to previous Test pages to review/change answers, you would just ensure this option is not selected.
If you do allow 'Change Answers', this will enable Test takers to bookmark quiz questions during the Test.
The bookmark icon will display at the top of each question for the Test taker to see, to then jump back to bookmarked questions.
When you give your Test and you have selected the quiz setting to bookmark quiz questions for later review, Test takers will have the following options:
- View All Questions: Test takers can view both bookmarked questions and questions that are not bookmarked.
- View Bookmarked Questions: Test takers can click 'Bookmarked Questions' to bring up only those questions they have bookmarked in that Test.
- View if questions are answered/unanswered: Beside each question number, Test takers can immediately see if that question was answered or unanswered.
- Expand each question: You can expand each question to show the question and answer options text.
- Instantly directed to selected question: Test takers can click on the question they wish to go to and be taken there instantly!
With just these two settings alone: 'Must Answers Questions' and 'Change Answers to allow Test takers to go back during the Test', check out the customization options you have for your Test:
- Allowing skipping of questions + Allowing users to go back during the Test + Allowing bookmarking of questions.
- Allowing skipping of questions + Not allowing users to go back during the Test + Not allowing bookmarking of questions.
- Restrict skipping of questions + Not allowing users to go back during the Test + Not allowing bookmarking of questions.
- Restrict skipping of questions + Allowing users to go back during the Test + Allowing bookmarking of questions.
You get the idea! ClassMarker is chalked full of options and quiz maker features that will give you endless possibilities for how you can customize your Tests, quizzes, exams, questionnaires, surveys, and assessments.
Register Here to begin using ClassMarker, the best online quiz maker since 2006. Start exploring all of ClassMarker's great features today!
Review Related Online Testing Blogs and Tutorials
How Do I Restrict Quiz Access?
How Do I Change Quiz Settings?
How Do I Add Questions to a Quiz?
How Do I Create and Edit a Quiz?